FairFleet is a professional full-service provider for both customers and pilots - from consulting, to obtaining permits, to post-production and the analysis of aerial photography. This makes FairFleet a partner for the future with proven expertise - no matter whether it is real estate, surveying, roof inspections, wind turbine inspections, photovoltaic inspections or advertising and filming. In addition, we guarantee legal security of the missions at any time, as well as unrestricted rights of use for our customers. FairFleet does not employ its own pilots, but has a network of professional and licensed drone pilots. This makes FairFleet a perfect one-stop-shop for aerial data.
On request, FairFleet can do the post-processing of photos and the complete post-production of the finished video itself, whether it is an image film, a commercial or a documentary. In addition, we also do the post processing for special orders, for example creating 3D models from the data or a detailed report of a survey or inspection.
FairFleet is not a manufacturer or seller of drones, but a service provider for data acquisition and processing. However, we can frequently provide discount codes for DJI drones from our partner, an authorized DJI dealer. So, if you are interested in buying a new drone you can contact us.
Client Request, booking and after the flight
You can always request a non-binding and free quote. Your order is only binding after the booking.
If your requirements are clearly defined, the pilot can carry out the flight without your presence. However, if you want, you can always be present during the flight - or follow the flight via a live stream on a computer, tablet or smartphone (subject to technical availability).
FairFleet has a network of around 3000 UAV pilots in over 85 countries and is constantly expanding its network.
Drone flights are subject to strict regulations. Therefore, commercial drone flights may only be performed by professional, licensed pilots. Our Operations Team carries out an airspace check for your order and, if necessary, takes care of obtaining the necessary special permits. If any special permits are necessary for your order, we will contact you to inform you about any potential additional costs. As a customer you therefore no longer need to worry about general approvals. However, if the property to be overflown is not your property, you will need the owner's consent.
1. Select your required package and specify in the order form the address to fly, special equipment and period. With this information you can quickly and conveniently request our standardized packages without obligation, select them easily and then place an order at a fixed price. Alternatively, you can also contact us by phone or email for an individual request. 2. FairFleet commissions a professional, licensed drone pilot according to your specifications to carry out your order. We also take care of any necessary permits. 3. Your ordered data will be processed by FairFleet and made available for you to download within a short time - securely and conveniently via the FairFleet customer portal.
After FairFleet has completed the post-production or post-processing of the drone captures, they will be made available for download in your FairFleet customer portal as soon as possible. You will be notified as soon as the data is available. The material will be available for download in your customer profile for 90 days. If you wish to store the data longer, you will need a FairFleet+ subscription
The invoice can be paid either by bank transfer or by PayPal for a fee.
All services are paid conveniently via FairFleet. Any approval or license costs are billed to us and then forwarded.
The rights to all images are completely with the client once the payment has been made – so you have all material to your full disposal without any restrictions in usage.
The format in which you receive the data depends on your order: RAW files, compressed data or ready-cut and processed videos for immediate use. If you require a special format, please indicate this in your booking. This applies in particular to post-processing data such as inspection reports or 3D models.
The focus of the photographs is on the property to be photographed. In theory, it is not permitted to violate the personal rights of neighbors, for example by showing their houses or intimate areas of the property (e.g. the view into the garden, etc.) on the photographs. If this is the case, FairFleet will pixelate these areas automatically. However, it is not necessary to explicitly obtain permission from neighbors.
Customer Satisfaction is our top priority. Should the results not meet the agreed upon requirements, we guarantee a rework.
With FairFleet+, you now get many more features to manage and administer drone data in addition to cloud-based online data storage. Your data can now be edited, shared or downloaded even faster and easier. In addition, our platform offers many new features and functions that we are constantly developing for you. Among them is the new panorama tool, with which you can set POI - Points of Interest for highlights, virtual pins from the environment and insert links and photos. In addition, online hosting or share functions are available, for example via link or iFrame for photos, video recordings or 360° panoramas. Share the data directly with colleagues and participants of your project by sending the recordings directly via internet-based file transfer links.
FairFleet Inspect gives clients access to our platform, which they can use to efficiently view the detailed aerial images. The abnormalities, anomalies or damages detected by drone inspection can be marked, commented and evaluated directly in the aerial photo. You can then conveniently download the comments in the form of an editable PDF inspection report. From the data and the evaluations of the drone images, the insurance company, roofers or facility management and building management receive valuable insights for further work processes - safely, innovatively and efficiently.
Pilots General questions
This varies from country to country. In most cases, you may fly your own drone below 2kg over your own property. However, should something happen, or if the drone leaves your property, you are fully liable. As a result, FairFleet only provides professional, licensed drone pilots who are familiar with the common guidelines and have both, suitable liability insurance and all permits required by the relevant authorities.
In order to offer commercial UAV (Unmanned aerial vehicle) flights over 249g, the pilot needs the permit of the local aviation authority to fly in addition to the corresponding insurance. To do so, he must demonstrate training and experience as well as suitable liability insurance and be familiar with the general guidelines for drone flights.
All pilots must have a commercial liability insurance of at least equivalent to a lump sum of EUR 1,000,000 for personal injury and/or property damage per insured event.
Carelessness, unfavorable weather conditions or a technical problem on the drone can always happen. For example, if the drone crashes on a parked car or a rooftop, it can quickly cause a lot of damage. To cover all damages that may occur in these instances, a liability insurance for drone flights is necessary to acquire a flight license.
FairFleet offers no liability insurance for drones. However, you can purchase a German commercial drone liability insurance from our partner via the following link:
FairFleet offers the drone pilot license (A2) in cooperation with Kopter-Profi for 349 €. This includes an online tutorial for exam preparation and a classroom exam. Under the following link you can register for the German drone pilot license:
FairFleet assigns all rights of use to its clients. Therefore, it is forbidden to use any images commissioned by FairFleet for personal and/or marketing purposes.
On your first login to your new FairFleet account, you will see the actions that you need to fulfill to complete your profile. For example, you need to upload a proof of a commercial liability insurance, your local countries' permit, some personal information and your travel radius.
Pilots Order related questions
The operations Team will contact you via e-mail or phone if there is a job request close to you that fits your equipment, skills and is inside your travel radius range.
You can simply click on the button inside the quote e-mail to deny this quote request. If you are not available, please always deny the quote to avoid being called by the Operations Team.
Please always check the weather condition before leaving. Please immediately inform us that you are not capable of flying, either via phone or e-mail.
Please click here to view the DJI's geo zone map. You can check whether a zone requires an unlock.
Self Unlock - At home
- Click here for self unlock
- Login to your DJI account
- Choose your drone model
- On the map, top right, search for the location of your flight
- Click the red, blue, or yellow pen that covers the zone you want to unlock
- Enter the serial number of your flight controller
- Connect to the Go 4 app with the controller and your drone
- Tap on the 3 dots (ellipses) in the top right to get the general settings
- Scroll down and tap Info. The serial number is displayed
- Select the date of your flight and click submit (unlocking starts at 12 p.m. on the day you choose and lasts 3 days).
- Select a phone number to verify your identity. Enter the verification code that you received to confirm the unlock.
Self unlock - onsite:
- Open the DJI GO app on site and connect to your drone
- When the flight restriction warning appears, tap Yes
- Select credit card or phone to check
- After verification, tap the Confirm button to unlock the authorization zone
- The unlock license can be turned on or off to fly in the authorization zone
Please be professional and friendly when meeting clients or persons of contact. We recommend wearing a reflective vest for each job and proper clothing. FairFleet can provide you with some reflective vests, please contact us.
Once you have been booked for a job, you can generate the owners permission pdf in the job overview page.
This varies from job to job. On some jobs the client or a point of contact wants to be on-site. Some jobs can also be flown by the pilot himself. We will notify you during the process how it will be.
Should there be any problems during the flight, please call us immediately at: +49 (0) 89-5191 9916 or +1-646 933-0918.
There is a direct link in the email where you can directly go to the upload page. Please create folders for each deliverable that you are uploading. Once you uploaded all the images, click 'mark as done' on the Job overview page and let FairFleet know if you have any additional information for this job. Only files uploaded through our system are allowed. All other means of data delivery are not allowed.
After the flight you simply upload all recorded material into folders on our platform. A direct upload link can be found in the e-mail. You can then send us your invoice to email@example.com.
A flight needs to be redone, if the weather conditions were not as agreed, if not all deliverables have been collected, if pictures are blurry, under- or overexposed or if the camera settings do not match the requirements.
You will be paid after 30 days after we received your correct invoice via bank transfer, if not otherwise agreed.
Yes, please take a look at the terms and conditions of FairFleet. You are obliged to delete the files 2 weeks after collection.
Pilots Tech questions
- Several long shots from different directions, which show the whole object [central-frontal, as well as from at least two sides]
- Several supertotals from various perspectives. You must show the object in relation to its surroundings (e.g. sights, stops, skyline)
- Close-ups of architectural features of the building (facade, stucco, entrance area, ...)
- the classic top-shot
- Photograph in full resolution (depending on the camera 4/3 or 3/2 instead of 16/9)
- Photograph in high-contrast lighting conditions in AEB/HDR recording mode
- Photograph and upload the individual images on the FairFleet platform as RAW and JPG
- Please make sure that neither you as a pilot nor your car (with open doors) are visible in the pictures
- Please check on site that your equipment is working properly and that all pictures are sharp and cleanly exposed. We want to avoid repetition dates (because of dust on the sensor, defective memory card, etc.) in the interest of everyone
- Please send us a good amount of raw video material. They should be sufficient for an (edited) end product of usually 60 seconds running time, if not otherwise specified
- Regarding the perspectives you can orientate yourself by the photo shooting requirements which are mentioned above. Some examples are circular flights, crane-tilt, etc
- 3840x2160 at 30fps, the camera has to be in NTSC mode - but in artificial light 25fps (in PAL) to stay flicker-free!
- especially in high-contrast lighting conditions:
- no automatic exposure!
- Suitable ND filters for 1/60 shutter speed (or 1/50 if 25p)
- To avoid image noise, ISO as low as possible, as high as necessary
- In most cases we aim for 34 single images, depending on the focal length
- Please always set the panorama app so that the ground and the sky are photographed (despite the propeller in the picture - 30° upwards)
- After finishing the shots, check that the app has taken the full number of pictures. Otherwise the panorama may not be stitched
- In most cases, the panorama should be taken centered above the building site to get a feeling for the area. Precise positioning can be adjusted with the customer/POC on site or if otherwise discussed
- For buildings between skyscrapers: Please note distances to high structures in the area. Do not necessarily fly centered over the actual object, but seek a position with even distance between the neighboring buildings
- If you are using DJI to capture the panorama, please also upload the already stitched panorama
For best experience please use Chrome. Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge are also supported. We DO NOT support Internet Explorer.
You can learn how to clear the cache step-by-step by following the link below.
In case you fail to load some photos on our website, please check if icons show on the website link below. If the icons do not show successfully, then the problem is very likely due to your browser or your internet.
Check if the website is available from other locations. If not then our website is probably down.
Upload or download speeds depend on your Internet connection.
The server returned an unspecified error. Please reload your browser window and try again.
If you receive ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED then make sure your PC doesn't go to sleep while uploading.
Your session has expired. Please login again to continue.
Unable to expand zip on MacOS: Error2 - No such file or directory. MacOS doesn't support archives bigger than 4GB. Use Keka instead.
If you encounter any further problems, please contact our support.